I have been writing software since my teenage years. My software development journey and career started out with writing computer games (C/C++/Assembly, low level video and audio device coding) then moving onto development for various web platforms.
- 1993-1996 - Wrote and developed several computer games on PC platform.
- 1997-2000 - Worked on development of online media distribution platform.
- 2000-2002 - Worked on multiple .com projects ranging from three-way communication platform (pager, phone, web) to interfacing with a large set of data stored on legacy mainframes for online querying.
- 2003-2004 - Worked on a document storage system subsequently acquired by Xerox; added metadata and keyword search capabilities and NLP support used for concept discovery within a sizable corpus of OCR-ed text documents.
- 2004-2011 - Worked on back-end of a social networking platform; engaged in work on various aspects of the platform: extension, data migration and architecture.
- 2012 - Head of technology and product working on a niche social networking product. Responsible for running infrastructure day to day. Implemented Oracle Database Appliance to replace an aging array of diverse h/w, bringing higher level of stability and performance to the platform while shrinking cage footprint and power usage by 50%. Responsible for defining and growing product beyond 1MM Unique Visitors.
Built native mobile apps from scratch for the platform (defined product, coded backend API and provided design input).
I build Internet software
for a living.
On occasion, I provide software consultancy services.
This is my personal blog with links to articles I find interesting.